Posted on Nov 11, 2020, 16:22 PM
First Risk Advisors is actively seeking a consultant who works to find, attract, and retain customers profitably. This role spends more than 80% of their time in the field making sales and obtaining orders and service contracts. First Risk Consultants establish and maintain relationships with existing customers and develop relationships with new customers. They work with outside producers when necessary and establish and maintain those relationships. Consultants achieve sales, profit, persistency, and expense plans for assigned territories and prospects. They work closely with sales counterparts in all efforts, and act as an advocate for our customers’ point of view.
- Establishes rapport, confirms purpose, probes for information, listens, and determines needs, presents options, resolves objections, establishes next steps, and closes the sale or renewals. Throughout, the ideal candidate exemplifies strong consultative selling skills.
- Knowledge of insurance plan design, rating, and underwriting expertise in First Risk’s products, and an understanding of profit and loss documents.
- Develops account-specific account management strategies for individual clients. Recognizes marketplace potential for innovative products and services and looks beyond the immediate case to consider potential longer-term relationships.
- Continually seizes potential opportunities to write new business, renew existing business, and increase earnings. Takes any opportunity to get in front of the customer with proactive solutions and takes advantage of opportunities to expand expertise.
- Successfully uses innovative negotiation techniques and can define, develops, and refines a position based upon customer needs, motives, strengths and strategies of key players, and a broad range of business objectives.
- Demonstrates the ability to take direction, take good notes, and work independently to complete assigned tasks.
- Uses financial analysis to uncover relevant information when making a decision. Able to work well with numbers. Demonstrates a detail-orientated approach.
- Considers the perspective of others. Picks up and interprets verbal and non-verbal cues that reflect others’ concerns and interests and modifies their style and interaction accordingly.
- Ability to quickly establish personal credibility with internal and external parties through direct, probing questions.
- Openly surfaces problems with producers, customers, and others inside First Risk and recommends solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Life & Health license required.
- Proficient in the use of computers, including word processing, spreadsheets, opportunity management systems, carrier systems, and mobile technologies.
- Models the core skills required of all account management employees.
- Use marketplace planning data to set priorities and implement a plan to find and attract new customers and maintain current customers in close coordination with sales.
- Develop and manage distribution channels consistent with accounts and company strategies.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with existing customers and producers, qualify and expand the number of customers and producers in an assigned territory, and execute account consultant strategies.
- Work in partnership with sales counterparts and other First Risk employees to manage leads and expand the number of proposals generated. Primarily accountable for increasing the number of cases sold and maintenance of existing book of business.
- Constantly monitor progress in attracting customers and renewing current customers profitably against defined goals. Report to and work with sales management to adjust plans as necessary.
- Remain up to date on competitor strategies regarding coverage and quoting and develop counter-strategies accordingly. Collaborate with sales and management to implement these tactics and position products more competitively.
- Develop summaries or comparative analyses to help clients or producers understand key features of products for new sales and renewals, as well as rates, new products, and decision-making processes to close new business and renew existing business.
- Gather appropriate company resources to service accounts and resolve customer issues.
- Attend internal meetings and education programs.
- Handle special projects on a timely basis when assigned by management.