Customer Care Associate
Posted on Nov 11, 2020, 16:32 PM
First Risk Advisors is actively seeking a customer care associate to assist in the positive image of our company by
answering customer service inquiries in a timely and positive manner. They will establish true partnerships with
sales, account managers,
and management to get the correct information to respond to all customer service inquiries, and act as an advocate
for the customer’s point of view.
- Possesses basic knowledge of insurance plan language for First Risk’s products, and understands our
administrative processes including billing, enrollment, claim processing, life status changes, eligibility, and
- Demonstrates dedication to serving and satisfying customers, and can quickly and creatively assess an address
their needs using all available resources.
- Considers the perspective of others, picks up and interprets verbal and non-verbal cues that reflect
others’ concerns and interests, and modifies their style and interaction accordingly.
- Establishes rapport, confirms purpose, probes for information, listens to and determines needs, presents
options, resolves objections, and establishes next steps to
- Develops account-specific account management strategies for individual clients. Recognizes marketplace potential
for innovative products and services and looks beyond the immediate case to consider potential longer-term
- Continually seizes potential opportunities to write new business, renew existing business, and increase
earnings. Takes any opportunity to get in front of the customer with proactive solutions and takes advantage of
opportunities to expand expertise.
- Successfully uses innovative negotiation techniques and can define, develops, and refines a position based upon
customer needs, motives, strengths and strategies of key players, and a broad range of business
- Demonstrates the ability to take direction, take good notes, and work independently to complete assigned
- Uses financial analysis to uncover relevant information when making a decision. Able to work well with numbers.
Demonstrates a detail-orientated approach.
- Considers the perspective of others. Picks up and interprets verbal and non-verbal cues that reflect
others’ concerns and interests and modifies their style and interaction accordingly.
- Ability to quickly establish personal credibility with internal and external parties through direct, probing
- Openly surfaces problems with producers, customers, and others inside First Risk and recommends
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Life & Health license required.
- Proficient in the use of computers, including word processing, spreadsheets, opportunity management systems,
carrier systems, and mobile technologies.
- Models the core skills required of all account management employees.
- Assist incoming callers with all customers service issues and facilitate resolution of issues in a timely and
- Monitor and respond to all emailed customer service issues in a timely and positive manner.
- Compile customer service logs by school and maintain separate log files for each school. Use these logs to
identify global and unique trends, and report on findings.
- Gather appropriate company resources to resolve customer issues, and ensure issues are addressed by the
- Use marketplace planning data to set priorities and implement a plan to find and attract new customers and
maintain current customers in close coordination with sales.
- Develop and manage distribution channels consistent with accounts and company strategies.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with existing customers and producers, qualify and expand the
number of customers and producers in an assigned territory, and execute account consultant strategies.
- Work in partnership with sales counterparts and other First Risk employees to manage leads and expand the number
of proposals generated. Primarily accountable for increasing the number of cases sold and maintenance of
existing book of business.
- Constantly monitor progress in attracting customers and renewing current customers profitably against defined
goals. Report to and work with sales management to adjust plans as necessary.
- Remain up to date on competitor strategies regarding coverage and quoting and develop counter-strategies
accordingly. Collaborate with sales and management to implement these tactics and position products more
- Develop summaries or comparative analyses to help clients or producers understand key features of products for
new sales and renewals, as well as rates, new products, and decision-making processes to close new business and
renew existing business.
- Gather appropriate company resources to service accounts and resolve customer issues.
- Attend internal meetings and education programs.
- Handle special projects on a timely basis when assigned by management.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.