International Account Manager
Posted on Nov 11, 2020, 16:35 PM
PGH Global is actively seeking an account manager to aid in managing and retaining existing customers by developing
and leveraging successful relationships. This role requires individual discretion and independent judgment to ensure
our customers receive
the high-quality support they expect. Account managers establish genuine partnerships with all other departments,
including sales, service, and support representatives and act as an advocate for our customers’ point of view.
- Knowledge of insurance contract language and administrative processes, including billing, premium
policy issues, profit and loss documents, and claims investigations.
- Quickly assesses and meets customer needs using all available resources. Anticipates long-term needs and
recognizes future service opportunities as a result of short-term attention.
- Considers the perspective of others. Picks up and interprets verbal and non-verbal cues that reflect
others’ concerns and interests and modifies their style and interaction accordingly.
- Establishes rapport, confirms purpose, probes for information, listens and determines needs, presents
resolves objections, and establishes next steps for the customer.
- Takes any opportunity to get in front of the customer with proactive solutions and takes advantage of
opportunities to expand expertise.
- Demonstrates the ability to take direction, take good notes, and work independently to complete assigned
- Successfully uses innovative negotiation techniques and can define, develops, and refines a position based
customer needs, motives, strengths and strategies of key players, and a broad range of business objectives.
- Uses financial analysis to uncover relevant information when making a decision. Able to work well with
Demonstrates a detail-orientated approach.
- Develops account-specific account management strategies for individual clients. Recognizes marketplace
for innovative products and services and looks beyond the immediate case to consider potential longer-term
- Ability to quickly establish personal credibility with internal and external parties through direct, probing
- Openly surfaces problems with producers, customers, and others inside PGH Global and recommends solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Life and Health license required.
- Proficient in the use of computers, including word processing, spreadsheets, opportunity management systems,
carrier systems, and mobile technologies.
- Models the core skills required of all account management employees.
- Initiate and establish successful relationships with existing customers and producers through personal
- Develop, implement, and manage a client call plan.
- Gather, assess, and communicate customer feedback.
- Gather appropriate company resources to service accounts and resolve customer issues. Ensure that client
are addressed by the appropriate parties. Involve sales representatives on particularly sensitive issues or
- Ensure sold case data is defined and gathered.
- Manage policyholder installations for all PGH Global products on cases.
- Thoroughly explain the administrative, billing, and claims processes to external and internal users.
include the use of claim forms, premium reports and other related forms.
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of master contracts, booklets, brochures, certificates, flyers and other
- Confirm brochures, applications, and claim forms are current and included in administrative kits for
Furnish additional forms to clients when requested.
- Work with sales on enrollment process. Review clients’ communications prior to enrollment meetings and
participate in the enrollment process as appropriate.
- Assist in the new customer presale process as requested by sales representatives.
- Remain up to date on competitor strategies regarding coverage and quoting and develop counter-strategies
accordingly. Collaborate with sales and management to implement these tactics and position products more
- Handle new carrier and plan implementations and transitions.
- Practice proactive follow-ups on outstanding issues and record and communicate the status of each with
appropriate consultants or managers.
- Attend internal meetings and education programs.
- Remain up to date on current legislation and compliance, as well as changes to various insurance carriers.
- Work with sales to establish effective business relationships with producers and clients.
- Handle special projects on a timely basis when assigned by management.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.