Large Account Insurance Consultant/Sales Person must have a Bachelor degree or higher, and willing to travel. We customize to our clients, wishes, wants along with the demands that their business requires, and this is not easy, but if you have the talent to find all the puzzle pieces and "challenge" is your type of game, you will love this job. Numbers, Finance, Law, State documents, and conversation is your idea of a wonderful day, please apply, we have the job here for you.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter.
Works to find, attract and retain customers profitably. Establishes and maintains relationships with existing customers and develops relationships with new customers. Works with outside producers, and establishes and maintains relationships with those producers. Achieves sales, profit, persistence, and expense plans for assigned territory and prospects. Works closely with sales counterparts in all efforts. Behaves as an advocate for the customer’s point of view.
Manage Opportunities, Renewals, and Relationships
- Uses marketplace planning data to set priorities and implement a plan to find and attract new customers and maintain current customers. Coordinates closely with the sales staff.
- Builds and monitors the sales pipeline to ensure the continuous population of immediate and long-term prospects.
- Develops and manages distribution channels consistent with accounts and company strategies. Establishes and maintains good working relationships with existing customers and producers; qualifies and expands the number of customers and producers in assigned territory. Executes accounts consultant strategy.
- Works in partnership with sales counterparts and other First Risk employees to manage leads and expand the number of proposals generated. Primarily accountable for increasing the number of cases sold and profitable maintenance of existing book of business.
- Constantly monitors progress in attracting customers and renewing current customers profitably against defined goals. Reports accordingly and works with sales management to adjust the plan.
- Identifies, uses and shares account-specific competitive information with regard to coverage, quoting and renewing to position products competitively.
- Develops summaries or comparative analyses to help clients or producers understand key features of products for new sales and renewals. Helps clients and producers thoroughly understand rates, new products, and decision-making process to close new business and renew existing business.
- Pulls together appropriate resources throughout the company to write new business, service and renew existing accounts and resolve customer issues.
- Gathers assesses and communicates customer feedback.
- Attendance at internal meetings/educational programs.
- Handles special projects on a timely basis when assigned by management.
Produce Revenue and Profit
- Achieves underwriting and statutory profit, revenue, persistence, and expense goals for assigned accounts.
- Probes for information and listens to determine needs. Differentiates products from the marketplace to attract the customer’s attention. Utilizes strong consultative skills in all situations.
- Proactively targets opportunities within the assigned region. Develops and executes the sales plan for targeted accounts and renewal plan for existing accounts.
- Reviews plan specifications on requests for quotes and renewals; develops rates and plan design to meet customer needs
- Negotiates and finalizes price and product parameters with underwriting, customer service, producers, and clients/customers.
- Manages and reports on the expenses incurred while performing his/her job and submits expense account on a monthly basis.
- Constantly works to clarify roles and responsibilities and work processes with team members throughout the company.
- Participates in efforts to improve and streamline processes to best meet customer needs.
- Recognizes and uses technology to maximize productivity.
- Fosters and maintains a partnership with sales, underwriting, account management, claim, customer service and other business partners.
- Continuously assesses oneself and develops the required knowledge and skill.
- Demonstrates a commitment to delivering what customers value, working together, and achieving superior results.
- Accurately assesses own strengths and weaknesses and asks for help and/or the involvement of others when necessary. Takes ownership of mistakes and uses them as a learning opportunity.
Qualifications Knowledge and Skills
- Consultative Selling: Establishes rapport, confirms purpose, probes for information, listens and determines needs, presents options, resolves objections, establishes next steps, and closes the sale or renewal. Exemplifies strong consultative selling skills.
- Technical Knowledge: Plan design, rating, and underwriting expertise in First Risk’s products. Possess excellent spelling and grammar skills. Works on understanding profit and loss documents.
- Strategic Sales Thinking: Develops account specific sales strategy for negotiating business. Recognizes marketplace potential for innovative products and services. Looks beyond the immediate case and considers the potential long-term relationship. Assesses account profitability and other related factors unique to the account in order to determine account strategy.
- Initiative: Continually looks for and seizes opportunities to write new business and renew existing business and increase earnings. Takes any opportunity to get in front of the customer. Takes advantage of opportunities to expand expertise.
- Negotiation Skills: Successfully uses innovative negotiations techniques. Defines and develops a position based on customer needs, motives, strengths and strategies of key players, and an understanding of broad business objectives. Expands customer’s purchasing decision beyond price and product features. Possess excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Works Independently: Demonstrates the ability to take direction, take good notes and work independently to complete tasks as assigned. Works well under pressure and is a multi-tasker.
- Analytical Thinking: Uses financial analysis to uncover relevant information when making a decision regarding underwriting new or renewal business. Able to work well with numbers. Demonstrates a detail orientation.
- Interpersonal Astuteness: Considers the perspective of others. Picks up and interprets verbal and nonverbal cues that reflect others concerns and interests and modifies own style and interaction accordingly. Does not engage in office politics or gossip.
- The presence and Straight Forwardness: Able to quickly establish personal credibility with internal and external parties. Asks direct questions in order to get complete information to get the business. Openly raises/surfaces problems with producers, customers, or others inside PGH Global and recommends solutions.
- Technology: Proficient in the use of computers, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), opportunity management systems and mobile technology.
- Educational and Professional Designations: Bachelor’s degree or greater. Life & Health license required.
- Models the core skills required of all sales employees.